I'm excited and proud to announce a new addition to the Wii family. Actually, it's more like a new addition to the Wii and DS family. Introducing the WiiR Cam.
I know what you're thinking. "I already own Wiimotes, Nunchucks, the Wii Balance Board, the Wii Wheel, and even a Wii Zapper. Do I really need the WiiR Cam?"
I know. I hear what you're saying. But the WiiR Cam is different from all of those other controllers for a few key reasons.
- The WiiR Cam gives players control of a fully 3D camera controller that allows the Wii to determine how close the camera is to an virtual object and at what angle the players is aiming the camera. Remember Johnny Lee's Wiimote head tracking experiments? This is the first product that was created from his inspirational research.
- The WiiR Cam reverses the Wiimote and Sensor bar technology which essentially puts a dynamic censor bar in your hands. Because the WiiR Cam is simply a few IR LED lights and an electric current (provided by the Nintendo DS), we can package it with specific software for no additional charge in addition to selling it as a stand along product for 5$.
Notice how the WiiR Cam is pointed at the bottom left portion of the screen. By syncing with the Wii, the DS can display what the camera is seeing just like an actual digital camera. Shutter sounds even come out of the DS speakers!
The most exciting part of the WiiR Cam is the AAA software that is being designed specifically for it. Talented companies such as Ubisoft and Konami have joined us in designed software for the WiiR that is truly like nothing you've ever played before. Each title alone is worth picking up a WiiR Cam for.
The three titles are...
- Pokemon O-SNAP (Nintendo)
- Beyond Good & Evil Wii (Ubisoft)
- Metal Gear Solid Stories (Konami)
I'll have more details about these exciting new games soon.