If you listened to the latest podcast, you know that I've been mulling over how to approach solidifying the level design for GuitaRPG. Here's a short list of all the elements I've been tossing around...
- How they move
- How they attack
- How the represent music
- How music is made through their interaction with the player
- How to have 4 players without them crowding each other
- How the player moves considering the limitation of the Guitar Hero controller
- Coordinating moving/music/and attacking
- power meters
- combo meters
- and other notifications
- Turned based/Real time
- Random Battles
- world map/dungeon map/battle area
- How all these elements work with music
Well now I have the answer. In my head at this moment, I'm battling in GuitaRPG and I'm having a blast. I know that doesn't mean much for you guys because you can't play what I'm thinking. I'll surely get to work pumping out a demo of my mind. In the meantime, let me just say that it's a combination of...
- Grandia's Battle system
- Crystal Chronicles
- Dragon Quest Swords
Special thanks to Peter Gault who's own ideas for a Guitar RPG game helped jog my thoughts back on track.